Posts Tagged ‘More’
» posted on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 at 12:32 pm by itsakpopthing
By Rick Massimo
Johnston’s Paul Delvecchio has seen his star rise as part of the notoriously hardpartying crew on MTV’s reality hit “Jersey Shore.” But starting Thursday night, the DJ steps out on his own in “The Pauly D Project,” which premieres at 10:30 p.m. on MTV. It takes the high-living ethos of the older show and adds more than a little Ocean State charm.
“I’m just Pauly D from Rhode Island,” he says to open the premiere episode, and adding soon after that Johnston is “a really small town, but I love it.”
The show documents the travels and trials behind Delvecchio’s DJ career, as the first two episodes follow him and the Rhode Island friends who comprise his entourage to Las Vegas for a tryout and, later, to begin a residency. Along the way, there are plenty of misadventures, hookups, friction and more than a little heart.
» posted on Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 at 9:06 am by itsakpopthing
By Features staff
Against the apparent wishes of the author, a new Lemony Snicket series begins this fall.
“Who Could That Be At This Hour?” will be out in October, according to the people at Little Brown Books for Young Readers. It’s the first of four volumes of the “All the Wrong Questions” series, a “highly autobiographical account” of Snicket’s childhood.
In keeping with a running gag that Snicket — the pen name for series author Daniel Handler — discourages people from reading his books, Little Brown shared with reporters an e-mail purporting to be from him. The “Snicketemail” asks Little Brown to postpone its announcement.
Although Little Brown plans to print 1 million copies, Snicket wonders in the e-mail “why anyone would be interested” in the new series.
» posted on Saturday, November 19th, 2011 at 10:16 am by itsakpopthing
» posted on Saturday, October 22nd, 2011 at 4:30 pm by itsakpopthing
By Features staff
If you haven’t yet seen the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular at Roger Williams Park Zoo, you have two days to pay a visit. This mind-boggling display has thousands of pumpkins, hundreds of which are hand-carved works of art.
This year’s theme is a “journey around the world.” Included will be carved scenes from the seven wonders of the world, a representation of a European vacation and a trip to the Great White North, complete with falling “snow.”
Hours are 6 to 10 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 30, and Mon., Oct. 31. Tickets are for adults, for seniors (62+) and for children ages 3-12. Zoo members receive off an adult admission, off the cost of a child’s ticket.
For more information, call (401) 785-3510 or visit www.rwpzoo.org.
» posted on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 at 1:20 pm by itsakpopthing
Victoria Dahl, author of Good Girls Don’t, It’s Always Been You and more, answers Nine Naughty Questions
Kate Cuthbert, Editor, Booktopia Romance Buzz: Victoria Dahl is an author to watch, and one of the most exciting new voices in romance. (Also, I think she’s groovy because she helps feed my insatiable appetite for hot, fun contemporary romance). What’s even better is that she writes both historical and contemporary romances, so it’s really [...]
Booktopia – A Book Bloggers’ Paradise – The No. 1 Book Blog for Australia
» posted on Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 at 8:54 pm by itsakpopthing
Topshop Heaven Orange Patent Ankle Strap Sandals,
” title=”053111_sandals_9″ />
” title=”053111_sandals_11″ />
Jessica Simpson Collection Jafari,
” title=”053111_sandals_2″ />
Charlotte Russe Lattice Front Gladiator Sandal, .50
” title=”053111_sandals_8″ />
Tory Burch metallic Thora Sandal, 5
” title=”053111_sandals_6″ />
Jessica Simpson Collection Jafari,
” title=”053111_sandals_1″ />
Target Women’s Merona Emeline Braided Flat Sandals,
” title=”053111_sandals_4″ />
LuLu’s Bamboo Nude Bejeweled Bow Slide-On Sandals,
” title=”053111_sandals_3″ />
French Connection PALMA MLTISTRP WVNVMP FLT SNDL,
” title=”053111_sandals_5″ />
Tory Burch metallic Thora Sandal, 5
” title=”053111_sandals_7″ />
Ann Taylor Tilly Bronze Gold Chain Sandal, 8
” title=”053111_sandals_10″ />
Read the original:
11 Flat Sandals That Are Perfect For Summer: Gladiators, Flip Flops & More!
» posted on Monday, June 13th, 2011 at 11:09 am by itsakpopthing
HollywoodLife.com looked into Hollywood’s hottest celeb romances — like Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart and Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez — and consulted with a leading expert to determine which person in their relationship is more in love!
Love is in the air and some of our favorite celebrities have fallen hard under Cupid’s spell. But with all the recent hook-ups, we know most of their lustful romances will sizzle out. So which couples are in it for the long haul — and more importantly, who is more into whom? We’ve analyzed seven of Hollywood’s hottest relationships and consulted with leading body language expert Dr. Lillian Glass to weigh in on who in each couple is more in love!
Robert Pattinson is more in love Kristen Stewart than she is with him:
- Dr. Glass: “It’s quite obvious Rob’s heart and feelings are more then Kristen’s, he likes her more for sure, but you can see that Kristen is very interested. These two are almost as close as Prince WIlliam and Kate. They share similar characteristics. But Rob certainly is in it for the long run here.”
- Rob and Kristen may be America’s favorite vampire lovers, but in real life they are as equally enthralled with each other. Despite their busy schedules, Rob still makes time to take Kristen out on dates to nice restaurants and always protects her from the paps.
- Rob also has talked openly about how he’s faithful and wants to marry one person and have children with her.
- The young couple just adopted a dog together and Kristen has committed to spending her whole summer with her hunky boyfriend in Toronto while he shoots his new movie Cosmopolis.
Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber are mutually attracted to each other:
- Dr. Glass: “Selena Gomez is taken by Justin, and she definitely is the aggressor in some ways. However, sexually you can tell Justin is attracted to her — he loves rubbing her feet and touching her butt.”
- Justin, 17, and Selena, 18, may be a new and young couple but things between them are getting serious fast! The couple just took a romantic vacation to Maui and now they are visiting her hometown in Texas!
- Justin is always gushing about how much he likes her and based off recent pictures it seems like the young lovers can’t keep their hands off each other!
- Both Selena and Justin go to great lengths to keep their significant other protected. In interviews they rarely speak about their relationship and if they say anything about one another, it’s complimentary.
Kris Humphries is more in love with Kim Kardashian than she is with him:
- Dr. Glass: “He is focusing so much of his attention towards her — she seems to have her mind on her surroundings and the cameras. He is way into Kim, and he shows it in the way he leans into her and physically wants to be close to her whether its an embrace or hand holding.”
- Kim, 30, has finally met her prince charming and after only a few months of dating the 26-year-old NBA star, they became so smitten he proposed with a million-ring that would make any girl jealous!
- Kris is so committed to Kim that he is willing to put up with the media attention and wants to be part of her family. Kim returns the favor by being his biggest fan on and off the basketball court always gushing about how lucky she is to have nabbed him.
Prince William and Kate Middleton are equally in love with each other:
- Dr. Glass: “Prince William and Kate Middleton share equal amounts of affection and equal amounts of love. They both share a bond that shows that they love each other. There’s no dominance from one over the other.”
- Newlyweds William and Kate put on the wedding of the decade when they exchanged vows earlier this month in the Westminster Abbey. Prince William always makes sure Kate has everything she needs, even making sure that their honeymoon suite was stocked with their favorite snack — cream cheese and sprouts.
- William always surprises Kate in big ways like arriving in a helicopter in her backyard. He also always makes sure that she is protected, for example they tricked the media to keep their honeymoon destination secret.
Vanessa Hudgens is more in love with Josh Hutcherson than he is with her:
- Dr. Glass: “Vanessa seems more serious and shows her emotion more then Josh. She is smiling more and showing more emotion around him.”
- Josh and Vanessa may be a new couple but they are on the road to relationship success because they share mutual interests and love hanging out together. The couple enjoyed some of their favorite bands at the Coachella Music Festival and seemed like every other down-to-earth couple at the concert.
- Vanessa followed Josh to North Carolina, where he’s shooting The Hunger Games. Plus, she broke up with her boyfriend of five years, Zac Efron, after playing Josh’s love interest in a movie.
- They keep a healthy privacy about their relationship and they are always going on fun dates, like a night out bowling with their friends or zip-lining in North Carolina.
Nina Dobrev is more into Ian Somerhalder than he is into her:
- Dr. Glass: “Nina Dobrev is all over Ian. Ian doesn’t really pay attention to her. Nina is visibly happy with Ian.”
- Ian and Nina may be keeping their relationship under wraps, but the two just took a vacation together in one of the most romantic cities in the world. The Vampire Diaries couple hit up Paris and even brought their mothers along, which means they are already on “meeting the family” terms.
- The couple works together so they know how to problem solve and all about each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Even after spending hours together on set they still want to be together when the cameras are off.
- Nina is younger than Ian and looks up to what he’s accomplished.
Do you agree with our assessment of each couple’s love? Do you think Rob is more into Kristen or do you disagree? Sound off below!
Nicole Fukuoka, with reporting by Russ Weakland
» posted on Monday, May 16th, 2011 at 4:30 am by itsakpopthing
Pitbull, Matthew Morrison, Selena Gomez, Far East Movement and others filled the Staples Center on Saturday night.
By Matt Elias
Britney Spears hosts KIIS FM’s Wango Tango 2011 on Saturday
Photo: Kevin Winter/ Getty Images
LOS ANGELES — Britney Spears makes headlines at concerts, even when she’s not performing. That’s probably why Los Angeles radio station KIIS FM tapped the pop princess to guest-host their annual Wango Tango music festival along with Ryan Seacrest on Saturday night at the Staples Center.
The bill was a balance of pop and hip-hop, with acts like Ke$ ha, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, Ne-Yo, Selena Gomez, “Glee” ‘s Matthew Morrison, Lupe Fiasco, T-Pain, Jason Derülo, Far East Movement, New Boyz, Cobra Starship and newcomer Cody Simpson.
Backstage, the media room went into a frenzy when Spears arrived in a red, geometric-print dress and a beaming smile. Owning her “femme fatale” moniker, Spears worked the carpet for a few moments while all of the cameras in the room were pointing at her. It was the second red carpet appearance by Brit this week, after her Beverly Hills benefit on Wednesday night for the St. Bernard Project.
Spears’ Femme Fatale collaborator Ke$ ha, who was returning to the festival for the second time, said that an onstage collab between to the two would have to require one thing.
“That would have to include me finding her and attacking her,” Ke$ ha told MTV News, with the best intentions. “I’m planning on pouncing her.”
While that never happened, at least not onstage, Ke$ ha delivered on her promise of a set heavy on her glitter gun. And she assured us she knew the dos and don’ts of handling that kind of firepower.
“Do not spray yourself in the face with it,” she said. “Do spray everybody else with it. That’s pretty much it.”
While Joe Jonas wasn’t performing at the show, he took a break from recording his solo debut to catch up with almost everyone backstage.
“I didn’t see Britney backstage, just said ‘hello’ to a couple of my friends,” Jonas said. “Backstage is always [full of] people, especially having it at the Staples Center this time, I think compared to all the way out in the desert, it changes everything.”
Also happy to have Wango Tango in Los Angeles were locals Far East Movement.
“Man, we grew up literally a few blocks away from here, and you can only imagine basketball games being played here,” Kev Nish said. “So to come in here as performers, to be able to do our songs in this arena is a little crazy. We used to pass out CDs a few blocks [away], so we’re very thankful. And the lineup is nuts, so we’re extremely excited to be a part of this lineup.”
Were you at Wango Tango? Share your experience in the comments below!
- href=”http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/spears_britney/artist.jhtml”>Britney Spears
- Ke$ ha
- href=”http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/lopez_jennifer/artist.jhtml”>Jennifer Lopez
» posted on Monday, August 2nd, 2010 at 2:17 am by itsakpopthing
A cool comedy show for anyone aged 5-500 million (dinosaurs allowed). Guaranteed not educational!
List Operators was nominated for Best Show at the 2010 Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
This show is
3a. Funny Looking
This show is not:
2. A show about Fairies and Elves
4. A puppet show
5, A circus show
7. nor High in fibre
PS. We just bought a new fart machine!
Please note: This event is recommended for children aged 5 – 10 years.
"Take every child you know. If you don’t know any – kidnap some"Aussietheatre.com
"It would almost be a waste for this gloriously anarchic show to be seen only by children!" chortle.co.uk
**** Comedy mayhem…absolutely genius” Festival Review.co.uk
Duration 50 mins, No interval
» posted on Thursday, June 24th, 2010 at 12:33 pm by itsakpopthing
Malaria No More UK is launching a ‘Music To Save Lives’ awareness campaign produced by leading entertainment network MTV UK & Ireland (MTV UK) in the run up to World Malaria Day on 25th April 2011.
Malaria kills 781,000 people every year with over 90% of all deaths in Africa, yet is it is a preventable and treatable disease. Malaria No More UK finds innovative ways to tell the malaria story, most recently with the award winning Hunting Moon vampire campaign and now using the power of music and the UK’s summer festival culture.
Music To Save Lives will launch on 11th April with a music festival campaign made up of a 45 second advert, created by MTV UK. The ad features festival frolics and some nets with a difference. It also equates the number of lives lost annually to malaria with number of people who attend the UK’s 12 largest festivals. This powerful creative reflects the magnitude of the problem of malaria and offers one of the solutions: mosquito nets. The ad has a backing soundtrack from band Golden Grrrls. It will run throughout the summer on multiple platforms including in promotional airtime across MTV UK.
MTV Host Alice Levine, is backing the campaign and says:
“I love the concept of using music to save lives. It’s a powerful and personal way to get festival lovers on board with a hugely important cause”.
Arabella Gilchrist, Director of Communications at Malaria No More UK said:
“Music and festivals provide an emotive, relevant way of catching people’s attention. I hope this campaign will encourage people to find out more about our historic opportunity to end deaths from malaria and get involved. Huge thanks to Promax UK, MTV UK and Vestergaard Frandsen for backing this campaign.”